It's neither :-) The Xinja card is prepaid only, meaning you'll need to add funds to it first - for now this is bank transfer (top ups by cards coming soon...). Click on the card icon in the app and 'top up' and you'll be given the BSB and account number you need to transfer money to. The card is a Visa card, so you'll be able to use it in any context you'd use a Visa card. We're hoping to launch transaction accounts later this year (subject to our getting a banking licence) with debit cards, and we will be bringing out credit cards down the track.
Articles in this section
- Where will my card be sent?
- How do I dispute a transaction?
- Should I choose cheque, credit or savings when I use my card?
- Will Xinja offer debit or credit cards in the future?
- Is my Xinja card a debit or credit card?
- I haven't received my Xinja prepaid card
- Do you offer joint accounts?
- Can I open a business account?