Some common causes for declines are:
- There are insufficient funds in your Xinja Bank account
- The card details have been entered incorrectly - for online transactions, please make sure that you're selecting Mastercard. Please also double check that the card number, expiry date and CVV are correct.
- The PIN is incorrect - you can reset the PIN on the app (check out How to change your debit card PIN)
- The card has been locked in the app - you can check this by going to > view account > card > slide to unlock
- The Xinja card is not fully activated - please make sure you've activated the card and set your PIN in the app!
- The wrong account option has been selected: when inserting the card for purchases and cash withdrawals, please ensure to select "credit"
The Xinja debit card's payment system is configured with the Mastercard payment network. This uses the 'credit' option to make a purchase or withdrawal. You're still using the funds in your Xinja transaction account.
Please note that cash back services (e.g. at supermarkets) use the EFTPOS network (Savings/Chq). As Xinja uses the credit option, these types of transactions will get declined. To withdraw cash, please use an ATM and select credit.
On some occasions, there may be:
- Problems with the communications network to which a terminal connects. Please try again at the terminal or, if withdrawing cash, you can try using an alternative ATM.
Or, in some rarer cases:
- It may indicate that your card has been locked by us due to potential fraudulent activity. 🕵️♀️
If you need any further assistance with declined transactions, please contact the Xinjarati team via the in-app chat or call 1800 946527 (or +61 2 8598 8525 if overseas).