Reporting unauthorised transactions
If you've noticed unauthorised transactions on your account, and you think you’ve been the victim of fraud, please take the following steps:
Lock your card
This stops any further payments on your card whilst we investigate what's happened
- Tap view account > card > and swipe to lock 🔒
- Check your transaction history and statements to see if you have made any transactions with the merchant before
- Has someone had access to your card? E.g. a friend or family member
- If you have any previously authorised transactions with the merchant, please reach out to merchant to try and resolve this directly with them. E.g. a subscription service which has not been cancelled as promised
- If you're unable to resolve the dispute with the merchant directly, or if the above does not apply, let us know!
Let us know
Xinja can conduct an investigation to determine whether a dispute can be raised with Mastercard to help get your funds back.
To get started with this process:
- Reach out on the in-app chat (top right-hand corner in the app)
- Call us on 1800 946 527 (+61 2 8598 8525 from overseas) 📞
- We're available Monday-Friday 8am-8pm Sydney time 🌞
Our Xinjarati team will take some further details from you to investigate this further and help you out 🔎